August 21 2017- Monday
Got up at 4, made coffee, Martin wanted to come over at 4, but he overslept haha. He showed up quarter to 5 and we had coffee:) He left around 5:30 to go to Cariño. I made more coffee and relaxed for a bit. Went to school around 6:40. School went really well today!!:):) I love this life. I truly do. I love being at school, being there for students. I just.. I love it. After school, I came home, I wanted to nap, but in the middle of dozing off, I got a bright idea to make somma borscht. Then i realized i don’t have dill or parsley. So i decided i’d be brave and try making buns… LOL!!!!! F.A.I.L. They turned out undercooked, doughy, rock hard, but raw.. it was a good time. lol After, I planned a lesson for tomorrow with my grade nines. Its hard to plan lessons for them because I only have them twice a month. But i think i figured out something:) After that, I was on the phone with Jason T for a while. It was really encouraging! I am so thankful and grateful for my family. After, I had supper (banana cereal) did my bible readings and pinterested a while.

August 22 2017- Tuesday
Got up, got ready for school, was at school at 7:30, prepared for my grade 9’s. The class went really well! I’m surprised :):) After my lesson, i gave them some post-it notes and they wrote positive, encouraging things on it and stuck them in random places in the school! The rest of my day went just as well! Everything was good! Some of my convo classes are watching inside out to conclude our feelings unit, then they will continue with the kindness as well! After school, I came home, chilled a bit, then cleaned the house a bit, made muffins, cleaned again, then made supper. Did my bible reading and was just chill. Had some tea. It was a pretty emotional evening though.. felt super lonely. Would have loved to have had coffee or tea with someone and chat but there is no one.. I miss having people around.

August 23 2017- Wednesday
Got up at 5:45, got ready and headed to school. I LOVE WEDNESDAY MORNINGS. Chapel is one of my favourite things. I love the singing and seeing people just.. I dunno, i just love that we have church at school. Had convo class with the 11’s/12’s, did something similar to what I did with the grade 9’s yesterday. This class went REALLY well! I’m super impressed:) After school, I went home, and had a short nap. Around 3:30, Eva came over we talked about my decision to stay/go. I was really encouraged!! She left around 5:30. I made supper, then just had a relaxing evening.

August 24 2017- Thursday
Got up, got ready for school. School went ok today. Some rough classes. Kinda felt quite drained by the end of the day. After classes were done, the teachers had to stay longer to organize and clean all the uniforms from the soccer games. We were done that shortly before 4. Then Whitney and I went to Pailon! We walked around, the phone guy was not there, so we’ll check that again tomorrow. Then we walked to the plant lady! I bought a succulent and a cactus! We walked around the market a bit longer and bought some fruits and veggies. Went to the Reycer store and bought some sausages! Then got a moto home. At home, I cleaned the house a bit, then I cleaned and froze the veggies, then started supper! Was pretty lazy after supper. Planning classes and such.

August 25 2017- FRIDAY
Got up around 5:30, I went to sleep at 8:30 so I got a good solid 9 hours of sleep! Got ready for school and walked to school. School went well today! I spoke to Whitney a bit about my baking fails, and I found out the oven is horrible! No wonder it took my muffins 2 hours to bake and ended up being hard as rock, and my buns were such a fail! Anyway, school went good today:) I love my students. There is one little girl from grade 1 who hangs on my every move, whenever I go to the office she stands there and waits for me to come out, or wanders around looking for me. It’s the cutest thing. After school, Whitney and I went to Pailon for lunch, to a place I hadn’t been yet, it was nice! Then we dropped off my phone at the tech guy, it should be fixed tomorrow morning!! Then we went to the plant lady in the market again! I bought 4 more plants haha. Including a palm tree plant! 🙂 Came home, had supper, relaxed. Really an emotional wreck today. I’ll leave what I wrote this evening..
Lately, I’ve been a bit discouraged. I see people, doing what they are meant to do, and I feel so jealous. Sometimes, I think, what could I have done, or who could I have been, where would I be if… I know it’s probably stupid, I mean my life is great! I am doing things I always wanted to do… but… I don’t know. I know you don’t have to go to collage to do something with your life… but … I want to be a teacher.. a real teacher. I don’t feel like I am.. I feel more like a babysitter… I can’t communicate with them properly, thus, not being able to teach them the way I always dreamed of.. It’s a different way of teaching them… it’s good.. just not the way I always wanted too. Also, I want a bubble bath.

August 26 2017- Saturday
Got up around 7:30, relaxed, had bible time, cleaned, got ready. GOT ATTACKED BY JUMPING SPIDERS!!! Lol ok maybe it wasn’t that bad but pretty much! I was outside hanging up my clothes to dry, and I see these big bees that were making a mud nest on my underwear hanger thingy, so I just kinda stay away from there. As I’m moving further away, I see this jumping spider jumping toward me! I just kinda stop and back away from it, while thinking that it was weird.. jumping spider… then there are 4 more that just appear and all jump towards me!! I run inside, crash against the wall, and fall down lol. It would have been quite the sight to see.. I was shaking, I had goosebumps! I think it was just because I was kinda on edge because of the bees, nevermind these funky big spiders that jump and gang up on me! Lol when I finally collected myself I went into my room and started googleing jumping spiders.. apparently they don’t attack people… but theses ones did.. lol anyway, Martin was here around 11. Went to Pailon for Saltenas, and picked up my phone!! IT’S FIXED!!! (thanks rissa<3) Came home, I wasn’t feeling very great today, so we didn’t do much today. Was a lazy chill day.

August 27 2017- Sunday
Got up around 8, got ready, didn’t go to church today, Martin is very fa-kyilt and I still don’t feel very good. Had another very chill day. Went to Pailon to get a few things from the market. Went to Whitney and Davids around 5:30. We had churasco and just had a pretty great evening with them and Ben! Also, Whitneys dog had puppies and I got to cuddle them, which was pretty great. Stayed there until 9. Came home, slept.

August 28 2017- Monday
Martin came over for coffee around 6, had coffee, got ready, headed to school. School went alright today. Was a definite MONDAY! Just such a klutz. Broke a glass, opened the freezer a few times, every time something different fell out and broke, made mom corn in the evening, didn’t realize i was holding the bag close to the flame so the bag got a hole and popcorn kernals everywhere, spilled my coffee…. lol it was a god time. When I came home from school, I went to Ali’s for lunch in Pailon with Martin. (He didn’t go back to Cariño yet) Came home, relaxed, had coffee break, chilled outside a while. Went to the entrance store to buy a few things, then came home and started supper. Made spaghetti and meatballs for supper. I MISS SPICES. Like seriously. I just want to use canadian spices so bad.. something other than just salt and pepper. lol. Took a little bike ride around Villa Nueva tonight. Was such a nice night. Movie night in the evening.

August 29 2017- Tuesday
Got up at 5:30, Martin came over for coffee around 6. Went to school at 6:45. Martin left for Cariño. School went a bit better today! I did a kindness game in 2 of my convo classes, which went really well!! I was really happy with them. For my grade 8’s, we took the grade 2’s to the library and they read to them. I was super impressed with how the older students took reponsibility!:) After school, I came home, cleaned the house, relaxed.

August 30 2017- Wednesday
Shared my testimony in chapel! I was more scared that what I thought I’d be, yet I was at complete peace. This is the third time I’ve ever shared it to a group of people like this, and I had a lot more detail than what I usually do. Just because I felt like I needed to show them that I too, am human. It went alright I think. School went really well today!! Whitney printed off a planner for me, which is just the best thing ever. I love it!:) Had lunch at school, then at 1:30, Whitney, the grade 9’s and I, worked in our garden. (part of the plan that is required by law) Worked in there for about an hour, then had terere with them for about an hour! It was good to just be human with them. Came home around 4, relaxed, and planned some more. Relaxed all day. Doodled. Read. Listened to a podcast. Pinterested. Called mom. Went to sleep around 8:30

August 31 2017- Thursday
Got up around 6, got ready and headed to school. School went really well today! Did the kindness game with the grade 8’s went really well I think! With the 7’s and 6’s we watched the lorax because Whitney had to sub for the grade 1’s. After school, I came home, relaxed. Had a foot soak in the evening, I put shampoo and wonder oil in there… lol! Watched some cartoons while I did that. Then, I listened to a few podcasts, did my bible reading and hit the hay by 8:30.

Prayer Requests:
• My decision
• That I will be who my students need me to be
• My personal relationship with God
• Loneliness
• ***Language barrier***
• To truly let Jesus’ love and light shine through me
• To focus on God and make Him number 1 above all else
• For friendships
• For my relationship with my students
• Patience, wisdom, courage, love…

***My whatsapp number is +591 70280684.

Thank you everyone,
all my love,
Joanna ❤